Ricardo Cordero Baltodano has been an attorney at Cordero & Cordero Abogados since 1998. However, from 2005 through 2006 Ricardo practiced law in Washington, DC as a Foreign Associate at Thompson Hine LLP. As part of the International Trade Practice Group he assisted senior team members on import and export enforcement actions; performed internal import and export audits; analyzed free trade agreements such as DR-CAFTA and assisted members of the Telecom and Transactional Practice Groups.
Ricardo re-joined Cordero & Cordero Abogados on August 2006 and has focused his practice in Corporate Law, Real Estate and Foreign Investment.
His experience in these fields include:
- Providing legal advice to U.S. companies doing business in Costa Rica;
- Performing highly complex real estate transactions;
- Involvement in issues regarding Condominium Law, Due Diligence processes, Maritime Zone Law developments as well as day-to-day operations in real estate developments;
- Co-organizing several seminars on FTA's and Doing Business in Costa Rica.
- Mr. Cordero is the Co-Author of "Doing Business in Costa Rica: A Legal Overview" San José, Costa Rica", 2006, as well as other articles on current legal topics.
- Georgetown University Law Center; LL.M.; 2005.
- Universidad de Costa Rica; Licenciado en Derecho; 2002. Distinción de Honor por la tesis: "Responsabilidad Internacional de los Estados por Actos de Individuos."
- Georgetown University Law Center; Curso: Foundations of American Law; 2004
- Capitán del Equipo de la Competencia de Debate Internacional, Philip C. Jessup.
- Colegio de Abogados;
- American Bar Association;
- Inter-American Bar Association;
- AmCham Cámara de Comercio Estados Unidos – Costa Rica
San José, Costa Rica Barrio Don Bosco, Calle 26, Avenida 2da.