Hernán Cordero Zúñiga (1916-1998) Founding Partner. As distinguished Costa Rican Lawyer and Jurist, Hernán Cordero Zúñiga founded this law firm in the year 1940. Among other appointments and distinctions, he was elected Congressman in the Costa Rican Parliament, Deputy Judge of the Costa Rican Supreme Court of Justice, Arbitrator Iuris of the Supreme Court of Justice, member of the Board of Directors of the Costa Rican Bar Association and Professor at the Universidad de Costa Rica.
Mr. Cordero is a second generation attorney at Cordero & Cordero Abogados and is currently the Senior Partner at the firm. He has practiced law for more than 35 years and his wide experience ranges from Civil Litigation, Banking Law, Project Finance to Foreign Investments and Complex Real Estate Transactions.
His experience in these fields include:
- Lead counsel in complex civil and commercial litigations involving foreign and domestic parties.
- Head external counsel to many U.S. and Costa Rican importing and exporting companies with offices in Costa Rica.
- Head external counsel to several Foreign and National Banks and Financial Institutions such as Banco Nacional de Costa Rica, Banco Lyon, Banco del Istmo, Societé Genérale and Inter-American Investment Corporation.
- Lead counsel in the mergers such as Bank of Lyon and Banco del Itsmo.
His political achievements include being appointed as a Board Member at several entities such as: CR-USA Foundation (2000-2003), Junta de Protección Social de Costa Rica (1994-1998), and the Instituto Costarricense de Turismo (1996-1998). He was also designated as Personal Adviser of the Ministry of Public Security (1990-1992)
• Universidad de Costa Rica; Licenciado en Derecho;
• Universidad de Costa Rica.
• Business Administration Studies.
• Seminars on Banking Law, Complex Transactions, Mergers & Acquisitions, Contracts, amongst others.
• Publicaciones relacionadas a banca y finanzas
- Colegio de Abogados de Costa Rica.
- Cámara de Comercio Costarricense- Americana.
- Asociación de Desarrolladores del Golfo de Papagayo.
- Abogado asociado a FELABAN Federacion Latinoamericana de Bancos.
Spanish and English.
San José, Costa Rica Barrio Don Bosco, Calle 26, Avenida Segunda