Hernán joined Cordero & Cordero Abogados in 1994 and is currently the Managing Partner of the firm. His experience in directing transactions ranges from of-counsel legal work for international banking institutions to transactional work with foreign investors dealing with the tourism and real estate industry. Recently, he has been actively involved on renewable energy, joint ventures, free trade zone parks and general corporate law.
His experience in these fields include:
- Lead counsel to several high profile development projects in the Guanacaste (Papagayo) Area.
- Providing legal advice to U.S. companies investing and doing business in Costa Rica.
- Providing legal advise to foreign companies within the Free Zone Park regime in Costa Rica.
- Of Counsel for leading financial institutions in Costa Rica.
He is an active member of the Energy Committee at AMCHAM. From 2000 to 2002, Hernán Cordero was appointed by the Executive Power as General Consul and Commercial Advisor to the Ambassador in Madrid, Spain.
- Instituto de Empresas, Madrid, España (Master en Comercio Electrónico y Transacciones de Telecomunicaciones;
- Universidad de Costa Rica (Abogado, Notario Publico y varios cursos en Administración de Empresas).
- Seminarios en Inversión, Derecho Tributario y Régimen de Condominios.
- Colegio de Abogados de Costa Rica.
- Asociación Americana de Abogados.
- Cámara de Comercio Costarricense – Americana.
Guanacaste, Costa Rica Liberia, Centro de Negocios Plaza Futura, Oficina número ocho
506-2668 17 17