We have wide experience in the area of corporate law, and offer the legal advice required for all types of corporate transactions, such as the incorporation of corporate entities, subsidiaries, powers of attorney, merges and acquisitions, tenders and all required modifications, legal opinions regarding corporate undertakings, and legal advice to national and foreign individuals or corporations on domestic and international issues.
Mergers & Acquisitions
In regard to mergers and acquisitions of companies, we provide advice in all stages of the negotiation process, from the initial discussion to the drafting of documents and final agreements. In such cases, we offer external legal audits as well as the preparation of contracts needed for each transaction.
Banking Law & Financial Regulations
As part of our broad experience, we provide counsel on all financial and banking issues. Many of our lawyers have acted as in - house counsels or external counsels to National and Foreign Banks, as well as forinstitutions such as the Inter-American Investments Corporation (based in Washington D.C.), a subsidiary of the Inter-American Development Bank.
In connection with this field, our firm offers services such as the preparation, reviews and update of all types of banking contracts, advice and preparation of financing agreements and the securities involved, security, management and estate trusts.
Real Estate & Property Law
In the field of Property or Real Estate Law, we have handled some of the most complex, high profile real estate transactions in Costa Rica. We provide advice on a full range of transactions, such as, but not limited to, acquisitions and sales, construction, financing land use, development, leasing, condominium and maritime zone regimes, insurance and litigation.
Our experience includes all types of contracts and agreements such as real estate trust, condominium management agreements, division of properties to create social welfare, middleclass and high-class urban development. We are able to provide advice upon negotiation, preparation and performance of all types of urban development and the filing of applications to obtain the permits required.
Our firm has wide experience in providing legal assistance to companies and individuals investing in Costa Rica. We have wide understanding on matters such as the preparation of business and investment plans, the transformation of credits into investments, investment guarantee clauses and the drafting of International Arbitration Clauses and International Arbitration Proceedings.
Insurance & Re-Insurance
Our Insurance Law Practice Group has focused on providing legal counsel to international and domestic companies interested in doing business in the recently opened insurance market in Costa Rica. As part of our services we provide legal assistance in matters such as the drafting and reviewing of insurance contracts, legal counseling to insurance companies or intermediaries, legal opinions about the Insurance Market Regulating Law, related legislation, and its direct application.
Civil Litigation Practice
We have vast experience in all types of civil and commercial Court proceedings, and our attorneys are duly prepared to issue opinions and suggest alternatives concerning, for example, breaches of contract, compliance with obligations, consumer protection, mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
Our firm has great experience with matters concerning Intellectual Property, especially in dealing with legal proceedings for the issuance of national, foreign and community patents, protection of trade marks and trade names, and all proceedings concerning Industrial Intellectual Property law and copyright.
Labor & Immigration Law:
Our attorneys are duly prepared to provide comprehensive advice on labor matters, such as the preparation of individual employment agreements, labor proceedings (both administrative and judicial), immigration matters, termination of employment relationships, and judicial proceedings concerning Labor Law.
Information Technologies & Telecommunications
• Comprehensive advice in the fields of electronics trade, information technology law and data protection.
• All types of information technology contracts.
• Legal aspects of electronic trade, including B2B B2C and B2A transactions.
• Personal data protection: invisible treatment of data and legal audits on information safety.
• Electronics signing and encrypting of data, as well as certification services.
• Contract for development of web sites, hosting, webmaster, as well as general conditions for the contracting and use of web sites.
• On-line payment means.
• Validity of electronic documents, including standards for preservation, treatments and transmission of electronic files.
• Advice to equipments suppliers on the legislation and administrative procedures applicable to the homologation of telecommunications equipments for sale thereof in Costa Rica.
• Comprehensive advice on matters related to governmental contracts with the State and its institutions, appeals, abjections to the bidding specifications, as well as filing of the appropriate legal actions against the awarding resolutions in the various contracting proceedings.